Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Notes on Hamlet

At first, I thought the play was going to be boring (Excuse my diction), difficult to interpret, and utterly pointless to analyze and discuss. I never enjoyed Shakespeare, nor did I understand his works. However, after reading thus far into Hamlet, my opinion has changed. I still struggle in interpreting Shakespeare's text, but it is definitely less strenuous than it once was. I believe by analyzing and discussing his work now, I am strengthening my reading comprehension skills and improving as an "English" student. Furthermore, the play is full of suspense and it always keeps the audience guessing what Hamlet will do next. Personally, I think Hamlet is preparing for his move on Claudius to finally kill him and avenge his father. I believe it will be a torturous death and the ending will be gruesome. Hamlet can't simply kill the king, he has to rigorously murder him.

No comments:

Post a Comment