Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who was Shakespeare?

Shakespeare, or the "Master" of English Literature, was an actor and playwright. Shakespeare lived in London and wrote numerous plays. However, these plays were not always published, some were written down as tracts, instead. Many of his plays were performed in the Globe Theater in London. We don't know how Shakespeare attained his knowledge of royalty because he was simply a middle-class man. It's odd for Shakespeare to know the upper-class system in depth, and many people believe he cannot be the true author of his work because it seems impossible for one to accumulate this knowledge under his circumstances. Students, like myself, are intimidated by Shakespeare's work. Shakespeare is strenuous and difficult to expound. After practicing with his works, however, I find myself being familiar with his writing style, and it doesn't take me nearly as long to comprehend his work. I am better at reading the text and interpreting the words, but I still struggle with finding the deeper meaning within his text. It takes a literary genius in order to fully understand what he truly meant by his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment